Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One day at a time

Well, it is CD30 for me, and AF has not reared her ugly head. Still hoping, but being realistic. I took a pregnancy test this morning, it was negative of course. However, here is my rationalization: I forgot to take the test with my first morning pee, so I had to squeeze some out for the test, so maybe the level of HcG was not high enough to be detectable. Sounds plausible, right? I have not spotted at all this cycle, which is very unusual for me. I'm thinking this is due to the Clomid.
Had my third acupuncture treatment today. Some of those points HURT! The best part though, was last night I had a heat lamp on my abdomen during the treatment. Cozy! I also got my herbs, and do they smell funky. They are powdered, and I will be mixing them in hot water. Sounds delicious! I have not started them yet, because, you know, I am still holding out hope that I might be pregnant, and I don't want to take anything that could be harmful. So silly.

I received an email from my RE today answering some questions I had about the surgery. He responded within one hour of my email! I feel extremely blessed to have such an attentive and compassionate doctor, and his whole staff for that matter. I'm not sure how I would handle it if I had to go to a large clinic and have to fight to talk to my doctor. I hear so many women saying they feel like a number, and often the staff doesn't remember them or their medical history. It should not be like this!!! I am in the veterinary medical field, so my expectations are perhaps a bit higher, but we should all demand to be treated like a person, and have a doctor and other professionals who are compassionate, knowledgeable, and available. If you are not comfortable with your doctor, find a new one!

We will be spending Thanksgiving with my husband's family, and I am a little apprehensive about the inevitable IF questions. We are not hiding anything we are going through, but this will be the first time we have spent a significant amount of time with his family since we started our diagnosis and treatment. Everyone has been loving and supportive, and I am so appreciative for that. I would be lying if I said talking about it isn't difficult, though.

One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment