Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that my husband and I had to go to the RE, and when we got there the first thing we did was swim with dolphins. I was thinking it was kind of strange, but DH was loving it. After our swim, we were watching others through a window, and one of the doctors I work with was swimming with the dolphins. I got upset and said she was cheating and had lied to get there because I know she doesn't want children.
So, we went to talk to the doctor, and it was in a big room with a lot of tables and many other couples. The doctor told me I have a rare form of diabetes, so we will need to use donor eggs. This was a complete shock to me, but DH acted like it was no big deal. When he saw I was having a hard time with it, he said "you were ok with adoption, so what's the problem?"
No one understood that this was a difficult idea to adjust to.
Then they just sent us over to another table to learn how to give injections, and apparently was supposed to give them in my finger. Weird.
After we left the doctor I got in an empty car outside a pet store and was using a computer to "preserve" some eggs and sperm. When the owner of the car came back, he didn't seem to think it was strange that I was in his car, using his computer. I got out of his car and went into the pet store, where there were hundreds of baby birds in incubators pecking at little styrofoam ball type things.

I think I must be having a bit of anxiety about things. Our subconscious is so interesting. It will be good to see the doctor for my follow up appointment to clear some things up and formulate a plan.

Hoping my sleep is dream free tonight....

2 comments:

  1. That might be the strangest dream ever? But how cool would it be if you could really swim with dolphins at the RE's office. I would probably be more psyched for the appt. if I knew the blood draw came with dolphin swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lollipop!! How awesome would it be to really swim with the dolphins at the RE before sitting down with the doctor?! It sure would reduce anxiety and stress levels. Weird dream, though!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete