Monday, December 28, 2009

Back at home

I have been pretty sporadic about posting lately, I blame it on the holidays and traveling. Probably not the best time to try to do my first ICLW. Oh well.

I started taking Clomid last night. Lucky me, I started my period on Christmas. We were all supposed to go to the late night Christmas Eve service at church, and I got a wicked migraine. Couldn't figure out why until the next day. Incidentally, my last period started on Thanksgiving. Awesome. Anyway, that caused some excitement as I was not expecting AF and was consequently not prepared. Luckily, we found a drugstore that was open. My wonderful DH went to the store all by himself without being asked to get me what I needed. I think he's a keeper. Then I realized I would not be back home in time to see my doctor and start the Clomid on CD3, so I sent an email to my RE on Christmas (so embarrassing) asking if he could call in the Rx to a local pharmacy. He did, and all was well.

Our trip back kind of sucked. We had to go from Jacksonville to Memphis to Las Vegas to Phoenix to Santa Barbara. Talk about a long, round about trip. I think we were either on a plane or in an airport for about 16 hours. At least our luggage made it all the way this time, which is more than I can say for the trip out. I felt really bad for the puppies, but at least we were able to take them outside for a little break in Las Vegas. They are troopers and excellent travelers! We are happy to be back home, but sad to be so far away from my family. As soon as we got back last night, I drove up to get our other dog Roo, and the cats from the kennel. We have a boarding kennel at my work, so that is nice, and I get the added benefit of picking them up at any hour. The only bummer is that it is 45 minutes away, so more traveling! I was just really happy to have everyone home.

I had an appointment with my RE this morning, and everything went well. The ultrasound was a little painful, maybe from the surgery? I am going back on the 4th, and my IUI will probably be towards the end of that week. I am happy to be starting this, anxious about the outcome, and nervous about everything. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I am also really trying to get back to eating healthier after the holiday glut!

I actually remembered to take time off after we got home from vacation this time, so at least I have time to unpack and get situated. Thanks to everyone who commented here from ICLW, it really means a lot to me to have the support of those who know what it is like to be experiencing IF.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your back home Jenny and everyone is in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you are home. ICLW is great, but can be hard work, esp if you are travelling!! Good like with your IUI

    ReplyDelete