Monday, December 21, 2009

I haven't posted in a while, with recovering from surgery and now we are in Florida visiting my family for Christmas. The trip across the country was rather eventful, traveling with 2 dogs and almost missing our connecting flight. Of course our luggage did not arrive until the next day. Running to catch our plane in Dallas did not speed the recovery from surgery any, let me tell you.

But, we are here now and it has been very relaxing. Today is my birthday, and I'm trying to be happy about celebrating it, but I just keep thinking that I am a year older and still no baby. Ugh. However, since I had surgery 2 weeks ago and we are not having any other treatments this month, I am not taking my temperature every day, not taking any OPK's, (trying) not to obsess over bodily symptoms, no sex on a schedule (gasp!) etc. So, we are having sushi tonight!

When I saw my RE for my follow up appointment it was very quick. The best part was that I didn't have to take my pants off! He basically said he felt very hopeful, and even if one of my tubes was not functioning well it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I saw all the pictures of my insides, and I go back in about 2 weeks when we get home from vacation.

If you read my last post about my weird dream, I had another one. This time I worked in a research facility, and there was a little dog there that looked a lot like my dog. The dog was pregnant with an alien baby, and it kept running away because it didn't want us to abort the baby. I know this because the dog talked to me. I may have a small amount of anxiety about all of this.....


15 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, Happy Birthday! And I hope you can enjoy this month off - to not only let your body but hopefully your mind relax, too.

    And, I so appreciate the joke about going to the doctor and not having to take your pants off. My husband and I always used to laugh about that, too.

    If it makes you feel any better, I have super insane crazy dreams, too. Almost every night. But I've found lately when it gets over the top it just means it's time to wake up. I consider it my alarm clock now!

    Best of luck on your journey and recovering from your surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great news on your surgery Jenny!! I too am a card carrying member of the insane dreams committee... nice to have you aboard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday - I also am a December babe, it can be a tricky time to feel joyful, but you deserve to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    Sorry about going into another year without a baby. I've had a hard time dealing with that myself.
    Hope your month off is therapeutic though. Sometimes it feels so nice not to have it rule your life!
    `ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you continue to recover well. Good luck with the IUI's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, Happy Birthday! Secondly, I really hope the surgery was what it took to do the trick and you'll soon find yourself pregnant. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and enjoy the month off from monitoring every single thing about babymaking :D

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the well-wishes! It's good to hear others have crazy dreams too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! I have had some really bizarre dreams too.

    Enjoy your break. Enjoy your time table free Loving!

    Most of all - have a GREAT Christmas :)

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I understand the feeling of being a year older and still not be PG or have a baby. I just keep reminding myself it's another new year, something good will happen. Happy Holidays! ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope you have a wonderful birthday, i know it sounds al ot harder than it is, but try to only thing about the good things your birthday brings; all the good times you have had til now ;)

    ICLW hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your dream portends reality.

    Dog have multiple pups so therefore it stands to reason that your next cycle will bring you more than one!

    Just trying ot put a positive spin on it for you!

    Hugs and healing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday. Enjoy your time away. Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday - I hope that your latest surgery will be the key to getting KU. Here's hoping that the mad dash to the plane won't have delayed healing by much!

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh...an appointment with the pants on. Those are a rarity for me these days. Glad you are recovering from the surgery. I have endo too. It sucks. I hope you are keeping warm in Florida! (I live here and it's been REALLY cold for us this week.)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a good birthday. Best wishes as you continue your journey to bring a baby into your life. Enjoy the break from the constant temperature taking and other schedule fertility activities and be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete