Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A lot of cooking..

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my blog for ICLW. It really is a great feeling to have support from so many women who are going through similar circumstances.

I had a relaxing and happy birthday. We went out to dinner for sushi and then went to a different place for dessert. We had something called "coffee and doughnuts" which is bread pudding made with doughnuts with a creme anglaise sauce served with coffee ice cream. I don't even like coffee and this was delicious! In fact, we have been eating like crazy since we have been on vacation. My sister and I both like to cook, so we get a little out of control sometimes. Then we watched Julie and Julia last night so I dreamed about cooking all night.

So today we are going food shopping (surprise!), taking the dogs to the beach, cooking, and wrapping some presents. My sister and I both made our parents albums of our weddings as part of their presents this year. They arrived yesterday and they are beautiful! When I look back at those pictures it makes me think of how full of possibility we felt. You just feel like everything is going to be perfect. Oh well.

The other thing I have been thinking a lot about is that my sister told me about 2 months ago that she and her husband have also been trying to get pregnant. They have been trying for about 6 months. She is 5 years younger than me. She works in the university system, so she has to follow a certain protocol for her health care. She went to her regular OB/GYN, who did not mention anything about referring her to an RE. Her cycles are very long. I wish she would have asked about getting some tests started, but maybe they won't do that yet. I talked to her a little about seeing an RE and just starting to get some baseline info. It can't hurt. I know she is frustrated and disappointed. How can you not be?

Well, I am going to enjoy my day. Hope everyone else does the same!

14 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW...and I agree with you, it is a wonderful resource to meet women and bloggers who understand.

    SO happy you and your sister are close and can share your TTC journeys with one another.

    Hope your FL vacation weather has been warm. I live in northern FL and it has been cooooold this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dessert description made me hungry! YUMMO! I think I better race myself to the gym right now before I start foraging for food in the kitchen.

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... the beach... That's what I'll have to continue to think about in this blizzard! Kudos for getting your sis up to speed early - more information can never hurt. THanks for stopping by - the chores were almost mishap free today! :0)

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! ICLW is a wonderful way to meet other women and bloggers!!! Your sister is lucky to have you!!! ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bday! I love sushi.

    I wish you and your sister the best of luck on your TTC journey.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dessert sounds wonderful. Glad you had a great birthday.

    Best of luck as you TTC. Merry Christmas!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from ICLWer,

    and a Happy Birthday to you!

    Hugs,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there
    a fellow ICLW'er here! Happy birthday !!
    I agree with your comments about your sister-I think it's very supportive of you to do that for her. Will add you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here via ICLW. Happy belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice day.

    Hope the healing from the surgery continues to go well and that your follow up with the RE brings you success. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...the coffee and donuts sounds delish!! So glad that you're there as a wonderful resource to your sister! It's so helpful to have the help of someone already on this path. (((HUGS))) to both of you!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great birthday and a great time at the beach! I wish we lived somewhere warm to do that more often!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time on ICLW and it's been great finding new blogs written by women who are going through the same things I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was really interested to read about your dreams, in such vivid detail. I agree that you probably have unresolved anxiety that is causing your mind to work overtime when you are asleep. It could also be hormonal, or chemical from medication. I think we cope with all we can control in our waking hours, but dreams are our mind's way of processing information and emotions we can't deal with. I am not so into dreams that I think they all have great significance; I forget mine very quickly. If I wake up at 6:30 from a dream, I'll think I will write it down when I get up at 7:00a.m., but by then it is gone. Denial?

    Anyway, I wish you and your sister both what you want most in the New Year.

    Lisa (Your Great Life - ICLW #51)

    ReplyDelete